Biography of William Stanton
In 1639 William Stanton was born.
Around 1660 William Stanton had set up a business adjacent to St Andrew Holborn.
Around 1666. Monument to John "Old Sir John" Brownlow 1st Baronet Brownlow in St Peter and St Paul Church. Sculpted by William Stanton.
After 21 Oct 1670 Hugh Smithson 1st Baronet Smithson was buried in the Church of St John the Baptist. Monument to Hugh Smithson 1st Baronet Smithson and Dorothy Royston sculpted by William Stanton. Note whilst both alabaster the effigies appears to have been sourced differently since hers has no mottling.
In 1686 William Stanton became Master Mason at Belton House.
After 16 Jul 1697. Monument to John Brownlow 3rd Baronet Brownlow in St Peter and St Paul Church. Sculpted by William Stanton.
After 1699. St Mary the Virgin Church. Monument to Thomas Coventry 1st Earl Coventry. His remains lie in Crome D'Abitot church. The monument was created by his second wife but rejected by his son. She was, apparently, somewhat imaginative in describing her provenance to the point that the second Earl, son of the first Earl's first wife, refused to have the monument erected over his father's remains. High quality monument including a white marble figure of the Earl reclining on a deep chest in front of a lengthy inscription and under an arch crowned with armorial bearings. Large sub-figures flank the chest and the armorial bearings. Signed by William Stanton.
In 1705 William Stanton died.
From 1701 William Stanton was working at Stoneyhurst.
From 1689 William Stanton was commissioned to work at Denham Place.