After 06 Jul 1749. Monument to John Montagu 2nd Duke Montagu in St Edmund's Church. Sculpted by Louis-François Roubiliac 1702-1762. Erected by his widow, Mary Churchill, the daughter of the 1st Duke of Marlborough, who stands at the left hand side of the monument.
After 1751. Monument to Mary Churchill 2nd Duchess Montagu in St Edmund's Church. Sculpted by Louis-François Roubiliac 1702-1762. Erected by her Daughter, Lady Mary Montagu. The monument is adorned with figures representing the three fates of Clotho, Atropos and Lachesis, arranged to show the cutting of Mary’s life thread, and Lachesis’ dismay at it being cut short. Three putti also figure on the monument, one of whom holds the spindle from which the thread was cut.
After 1775. Monument to Mary Montagu Duchess Montagu in St Edmund's Church. Sculpted by Peter Mathias Van Gelder. Mary’s monument is more decorative that her parent’s, and is Rococo in style. The composition of the monument centres around an ornate funerary urn, which stands upon a pedestal containing an inscription to Mary. To the right sits a grief stricken woman, inconsolable over the loss of an aristocrat considered a great benefactor to the poor and needy. In her left arm she cradles a baby, and a second, tearful child sits at her feet. To the right of the woman is that of an older woman draped in a shawl, who gently caresses the hand of the first babe. To the left of the urn, an angel comforts the mourners, pointing to heaven.
After 1827. Monument to Elizabeth Montagu 3rd Duchess Buccleuch in St Edmund's Church. Sculpted by Thomas Campbell. The quotation upon her monument from the Book of Acts: “thine alms are had in remembrance in the sigh of God”.