Photographs of The Church of the Virgin Mary, Stoneleigh, Warwickshire

The Church of the Virgin Mary.

In 1688. The Church of the Virgin Mary. Monument to Alice Leigh 1st Duchess Dudley and her daughter in The Church of the Virgin Mary. A large elaborate memorial in black and white marble to Alice, Duchess Dudley and her daughter, erected in 1668. Has two recumbent female figures under a canopy supported on eight Ionic columns and on either side an angel with trumpet holding back curtains.

After 1850. The Church of the Virgin Mary. . Monument to Chandos Legh 1st Baron Leigh. An elaborate recess in late C19 Gothic style constructed in 1850 for alabaster table tomb; unclear as to why the effigy was not installed.

After 1860. The Church of the Virgin Mary.

In 1886. The Church of the Virgin Mary. Monument to Gilbert Henry Chandos Legh in The Church of the Virgin Mary. Sculpted by Edwardo Orlandini.

After 28 Apr 1909. The Church of the Virgin Mary. Monument to Frances Helene Forbes. She the wife of Francis Dudley Legh 3rd Baron Leigh. Sculpted by Adolfo Polloni.

The Church of the Virgin Mary. Monuments to the Leigh Family.