River Trent is in Humber Estuary.
Evelyn's Diary. 14 Aug 1654. Went by Newark-on-Trent [Map], a brave town and garrison. Next, by Wharton House, belonging to the Lord Chaworth, a handsome seat; then by Home, a noble place belonging to the Marquis of Dorchester (age 48), and passed the famous River Trent, which divides the South from the North of England; and so lay that night at Nottingham [Map].
The River Trent rises on Biddulph Moor [Map] and flows, in a great horseshoe through, or near, Stoke-on-Trent [Map], Stone [Map], Essex Bridge [Map], Bishton Hall [Map], Colwich [Map] passing St Michael and All Angels Church Colwich, Staffordshire [Map], Rugeley [Map], Kings Bromley [Map], Alrewas [Map], Burton upon Trent [Map], Newton Solney [Map], Repton [Map], under Swarkestone Bridge [Map], Sawley [Map], Nottingham [Map], Holme Pierrepont [Map], Stoke Ferry Shelford [Map], under Gunthorpe Bridge [Map], past Gunthorpe Lock [Map], Hoveringham Nottingham [Map], Newark on Trent [Map], Knaith [Map], Dunham Bridge [Map], Sutton on Trent [Map], the Isle of Axholme [Map] and Gainsborough [Map] before joining the Humber Estuary at Trent Falls [Map].
Gunthorpe Bridge [Map] is a bridge over the River Trent which replaced a ferry which operated until 1875. The original bridge opened in 1875. It was built largely in iron. The current bridge was built in 1927 400 metres upstream from the old one.
St Michael and All Angels Church Colwich, Staffordshire [Map] with a view of the River Trent from the churchyard.